We are a London-based tea company offering a variety of whole leaf tea blends as loose tea and in biodegradable tea pyramids along with a Chai Syrup for chai lattes, iced teas and chai cocktails!
We are strong believers in creating positive change through business and provide employment to refugees to help them better integrate in the UK. We employ refugees to run tea stalls across London food markets, festivals, events and conferences which allows refugees to boost their English skills, regain confidence and work on skills required to enter the UK job market. We also employ them within our business to perform commercial roles including sales & marketing, events, packaging and distribution.
We are solely impact driven and re-invest more than 50% of our profits back into our enterprise to help us achieve our social-impact goals.
We believe that good taste starts with good business. We make premium tea products, that spark enjoyment and create opportunities for refugees to shape their own journey.
1. Employment for Refugees: we believe everyone in the UK regardless whether they are refugees or economic migrants should get the same chances as all Londoners for a decent quality of life and the opportunity to contribute to London and its development.
Facts like "UK refugees are six times less likely to be employed than the UK national average" is something we are looking to CHANGE!
2. Fair-trade movement: we support this movement as often those who grow and pick your tea don’t even earn enough to feed their families let alone plan for the future. But when the tea is bought on Fairtrade terms, farmers and workers benefit in many ways, from improved working conditions through to training in how to improve the way they farm and manage their environment to the opportunity to improve healthcare and education in their community.
So, whenever you have a cup of Fairtrade tea from us, you know it’s a ‘good’ cup of tea!
Our pyramid tea bags are 100% biodegradable and made from soilon - a mesh material constructed from polylactic acid and derived from starch. Even the string and labels are both attached using ultrasound rather than glue!
How to dispose of them?
In every day terms, you can dispose of them however you like. But the teabags will degrade quickest if you pop them in the compost heap.
How long does it take to biodegrade?
In compost, your teabags are going to have degrade within a month. In less favourable conditions, like water, you’re looking at around 6 months so make sure you stick it in the compost! And to those who’re wondering what it degrades to - our pyramid teabags convert to nothing but CO2 and water!
Both our teabags and loose-leaf tea are packed in a material called NatureFlex™. It uses films that are based strongly on renewable resources. NatureFlex™ films are based on cellulose. Cellulose is one of the most naturally abundant organic material and comes from renewable wood pulp, typically sourced from hard wood species such as eucalyptus.
NatureFlex™ films are fully certified to the American (ASTM D6400) and European (EN13432) norms for 100% compostable packaging. Proven to be suitable for home composting, they are also marine degradable.
In fact, we were recognised by The Independent for our sustainable practices!
- We offer a variety of tea blends, both as loose leaf and in biodegradable tea pyramids.
- RETAIL range: English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Green Tea, Spicy Chai, Cardamom Chai and Peppermint tea.
- WHOLESALE range: Camomile, Rooibos, Lemongrass & Ginger, Moroccan Mint, Oolong, Jasmine, Decaf English Breakfast, Lemongrass, Assam and others.
- We also offer a Chai Syrup made from our very own Spicy Chai blend that can be used to make chai lattes, iced teas and chai cocktails.
Please contact us on email@example.com for our wholesale rates.
1. Selling our tea products across all cafes, retail stores and offices in London/UK/Europe/Global.
2. A franchise of NEMI cafes across London that are solely run and owned by refugees - called THE WOLFPACK CAFE - coming soon!
3. The first BCorp in the world that sells tea and empowers refugees.
AMAZING FELLOW SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
- Eat Me Chutneys: tackle food wastage by converting wonky food into yummy chutneys: www.eatmechutneys.com
SUPPORTERS + PARTNERS
- Postcode Community Trust
- Groundwork London
- Camden Collective
WORK WITH US
Become a NEMI superstar today - click HERE to find out how!