We are a London-based tea company offering a variety of loose whole leaf tea blends including the traditional English Breakfast and Earl Grey blends as well as specialist Indian tea blends including Spicy Chai and Cardamom Chai. We also offer a tea bag range of our tea blends in biodegradable pyramids and a Spicy Chai Syrup for chai lattes, iced teas and chai cocktails!
We are strong believers in creating positive change through business and provide employment to refugees to help them better integrate in the UK. We employ refugees to run tea stalls across London food markets, festivals, events and conferences which allows refugees to boost their English skills, regain confidence and work on skills required to enter the UK job market.
We believe that good taste starts with good business. We make premium tea products, that spark enjoyment and create opportunities for refugees to shape their own journey.
1. Employment for Refugees: we believe everyone in the UK regardless whether they are refugees or economic migrants should get the same chances as all Londoners for a decent quality of life and the opportunity to contribute to London and its development.
Facts like "UK refugees are six times less likely to be employed than the UK national average" is something we are looking to CHANGE!
2. Fair-trade movement: we support this movement as often those who grow and pick your tea don’t even earn enough to feed their families let alone plan for the future. But when the tea is bought on Fairtrade terms, farmers and workers benefit in many ways, from improved working conditions through to training in how to improve the way they farm and manage their environment to the opportunity to improve healthcare and education in their community.
So, whenever you have a cup of Fairtrade tea from us, you know it’s a ‘good’ cup of tea!
- We offer a variety of tea blends, both as loose leaf and in biodegradable tea pyramids - Spicy Chai, Cardamom Chai, English Breakfast and Earl Grey.
- We also offer a Chai Syrup made from our very own Spicy Chai blend that can be used to make chai lattes, iced teas and chai cocktails
* The Guardian: Small Business Saturday 100 announced
* The Guardian: Hiring refugees: 'we have an amazing wealth of talent on our hands'
* East London: Is London doing what it can to empower refugees: East LDN meets Nemi to find out
* The Hindu: Building a business around refugees seeking that first job
* Time of India: This desi helps refugees, one masala chai at a time
* Huffington Post: This Indian man has set up tea stalls in London to help unemployed refugees find work
* Rank and File: Working with our worlds refugees - Making masala chai
* Food Rush: Chaigaram: Empowering refugees one chai at a time
* Artefact Magazine: Chaigaram - Empowering Refugees
* London Live: Indian tea stall helps London refugees find jobs
* TriplePundit: The U.K.’s Refugee Integration Curse
* Urban Food Heroes: Doing good through food and drink.
* Cook and Pour: Chaigaram, Indian specialist tea
1. Selling our tea products across all cafes, retail stores and offices in London/UK/Europe/Global
2. A franchise of Nemi tea stalls across all food markets in London that are run and owned by the refugees
3. Little hole-in-the-wall tea shops across London and beyond
4. The first BCorp in the world that sells tea and empowers refugees
AMAZING FELLOW SOCIAL ENTERPRISES
1. Eat Me Chutneys: tackle food wastage by converting wonky food into yummy chutneys: www.eatmechutneys.com
2. Slumdog Travels: provide specialised tours to India and tackle illiteracy using funds raised through tour sales: www.slumdogtravels.com
- Refugee Council
- Transitions London
- Migrants Resource Centre
- CIty university of London
- Vivek Singh (CEO, Cinnamon Club)
- Postcode Community Trust
- Brixton Pound
- Tea With Strangers | London